June 3, 2012

These Shoes Will Change My Life


Shoes
Shoes
Shoes

Score!!!!!

first, let me tell yah that this is a practice in narcissism....

I am 98% honest when i tell you that I haven't been shopping for the last six months. I swear, I am not lying. Eeeeeeeexcept some thrift dresses that costs about less than a hundred pesos each. There you go!

So anyway, I scored these shoes from a recent GoJane major sale. I'd like to think of it as one or two oooor three(?)-shoe-purchase a month. So i feel good as a wife and mom over here. Now, let's get a little bit serious about our shopping habit shall we? I mean, lately, as a shit fashion consumer, i've been constantly thinking about some life changing purchases. I mean, a purchase that will make you feel better, maybe a shoe (in my case) that will make me feel thinner, taller. A pair of heels that will make my cankles disappear, and will make my toes skinnier and my boxy feet sexy. Brain wise, a little purchase that will make me intelligent-er. Just waiting for these shoes is kinda transforming me already little by little to this new woman I will become. I may be triple looney but I am not an emotional shopper. Deny. Deny. Deny. I am really not. I don't shop when I'm sad, angry or happy. I shop because it's on SALE! And they are nice. And I need them. Then that makes me happy and jubilant and glowing and hopeful and am all whoopee all day until the shoes arrive. And then i realize that I have an addiction with boots that will never show my imaginary slimmed down toes. The red sandals won't be used because it's raining down here almost everyday. And here I am almost 33 years old (9 more months people!), same age, may I point out, as Jesus when he was crucified, died, rose from the dead after three fa-reeking days and saved the world. That's a major accomplishment for a 33 year old ei? Oh, well...

I always feel guilty whenever I compare myself to ......, and think about.....

I guess I will never finish a good, meaningful sentence whenever I am bothered by the guilt of materialism and or that certain shoe that seems to promise something in my life as a woman. I mean we are women, we always come up with something new all the time. We have problems, we're confused, we have periods, we go through puberty our entire lives, we have hormones, we like mixed drinks with strange names. Most of all, we love love LOVE shoes. That kind of crazy love.

So goodnight ladies! and thank you for listening you weirdos...

ps,
there's a shoe sale going on here

3 comments:

Psyche said...

Congratulations on the purchases, Denise! :) I also go gaga over shoes on sale, but I find wearing them difficult, mostly because I work at home. :P I love the red shoes - oh so sexy.

Jenny said...

Hi there Ms.Denise!
Hehe this is such a cute post (A shoe lover here too). I shop din lang kapag SALE, because I am a very thrifty person (A trait that I've got from my parents). I hope they don't view us (shoe lovers) as materialistic if ever they see our shoe collection (since almost half of my collection were vintage na at malapit ng masira), cause they are some guys who loves to collect shoes too. It makes me happy kasi whenever I bought a new pair. Parang it's one way of treating yourself from all the hardship that you did for 15 days or a month. Kaya lang it makes me sad nga when I saw the shoe sizes of your "On going Shoe Sale on Multiply". I am really planning to buy two pairs the first time I saw them, kaya lang the sizes are too big for me! :( Ms.Denise! Give me size 5.5! Please, baka you have pairs pa on my shoe size which are on sale na namissed mo lang! hehe Just kidding! Pero I really want them, I've been looking for wedges kasi online, and masyado expensive yung nakikita ko, hay sana talaga next time na magka SALE ka again, may 5.5 na! I should pay a visit to your site everyday!
Anyway, have a nice day po!

sittie rainie limba said...

hihi bumubilog din mga mata ko whenever I see the word S.A.L.E lalu na sa shop mo ate den hahaha. Because you inspire me sobrang LOVE ko ndn mga shoes. weeeeeeeee. I feel so pretty with my rowena booties.Hindi sanay ibang tao sa lugar ntn to see me wearing booties pro KERI LANG hahaha. I want you to know that I really really love reading your blogs everyday. AS IN EVERYDAY. I hope someday I can inspire other ladies too. hihi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...